Factions are large groups of people allied to one cause in the New World.
- Joining a faction is done by completing the main story Commitment to the Cause.
- Your faction can be changed once every 120 days for an Azoth fee.
- A player can only join companies in their own faction.
- Joining a faction allows you to turn on your PVP flag and fight other PVP-flagged players.
- Covenant - A divine order charged with cleansing the land of heretics and defilers so that its true holy nature and justice can be restored.
- Marauders - A ruthless military force hell-bent on establishing a free nation where anyone with the strength to do so can prosper and profit.
- Syndicate - A secretive organization of boundless guile and intellect in search of forbidden knowledge to usher in a new age of enlightenment.
Each faction has their own objectives and desires, they conflict with each other, and determine which Company you can join, to vie for your faction's control of Aeternum and each Territory within it.Each faction has their own unique style and gear appearance.
Missions given by your Faction Representative can be used to earn XP, Coin, and Faction Tokens. You can spend Faction Tokens to unlock Faction-specific styled gear. PVP Faction Missions can also raise or decrease Faction Influence in a territory.
Factions can go to war over a territory and fight to control it. This is done by increasing faction influence until the territory goes into Conflict. War can then be declared to occur at a specific date/time selected by the declaring company.
If two settlements are controlled by the same faction their settlement storages are linked. Players can transfer items from a storage linked to their current location for a coin fee. If the territories are not linked then your storage is localized.
- https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/articles/march-to-battle-factions March to Battle: Factions