After selecting a Faction, you can accept missions from your Faction representative in any Settlement and complete them in exchange for rewards. Factions offer specialized equipment, act as a source of income, and are the group you work with to wage War on other Territories to expand your Faction’s control of Aeternum.
There is a Coin bonus (10x) for your first 3 faction missions done each day.
There are two types of Faction Missions: PvE and PvP.
PvE Missions ask you to do things like defeat creatures, craft supplies, stockpile resources, assassinate high-threat foes, or elite missions which send players to take on Aeternum's most dangerous villains and their minions. Completing a PvE Mission rewards Faction currency, which can be used to purchase Faction-specific equipment and items.
PvP Missions ask you to do things like recover tactical information, deliver critical messages or items to another Territory, or patrol an area for opposing Factions. Accepting a PvP Faction mission will auto-flag you for PvP. Unflagging yourself will automatically abandon the mission. Dying during your PvP mission will cause you to fail it and you’ll have to go back and accept another. In addition to rewarding Faction Tokens, completing a PvP Mission also generates Influence for your Faction within that Territory. Generating Influence for the controlling Faction of a Territory Reinforces its control, while generating Influence for a Faction that is not in control Undermines the controlling Faction and brings the Territory closer to being vulnerable to a War Declaration.
- Assassinate - Challenge players to take out specific high-threat foes.
- Elite - Send players to take on Aeternum's most dangerous villains and their minions. These missions are higher difficulty with a higher reward. It's recommended that you bring a friend. 
- Control Points - Seize control of a Fort.
- Intercept - Defeat enemy faction members and collect their tears.
- War Camp Loot - Retrieve hidden plans at the enemy’s war camp.