There are five core attributes in New World. Each player starts with 5 Points in each attribute. Each level grants attribute points, higher levels grant more attributes per level. 190 attributes granted, from leveling, in total. Attribute points can be enhanced with Equipment bonuses.
Each attribute has different benefits and, at certain thresholds, provides bonuses.
Strength governs your power with melee weapons. Heavy melee weapons, such as the War Hammers, scale their damage exclusively on Strength, while lighter melee weapons like Swords and Hatchets scale their damage primarily on Strength, but also slightly on Dexterity.
- +2.5% War Hammer Damage
- +?% Great Axe Damage
- +2% Sword Damage
- +1.5% Hatchet Damage
- +?% Spear Damage
- 50: +15% damage to melee weapon light attacks, +10% mining speed
- 100: +20% damage to melee weapon heavy attacks, +20 encumbrance
- 150: +50% stamina damage from melee weapon light and heavy attacks, -10% decrease in weight of mined items
- 200: +20% damage on stunned, slowed, or rooted enemies, +10% mining speed
- 250: Stamina regeneration continues while performing light and heavy attacks with melee weapons, +10% yield increase when mining
- 300: Light and heavy attacks with melee weapons gain Grit, 25% chance to fully mine an ore node with a single swing
Dexterity governs the effectiveness with ranged weapons. Bows, Muskets, and Rapier attacks scale off a character’s Dexterity. Lighter melee weapons also see a benefit from Dexterity, but not as much as they gain from Strength.
- +0.5% Sword Damage
- +?% Spear Damage
- +1% Hatchet Damage
- +2.4% Bow Damage
- +2.5% Musket Damage
- +?% Rapier Damage
- 50: +10% chance to critical hit, +10 skinning speed
- 100: +5% piercing damage, +20% haste for 3 seconds after skinning
- 150: Dodging cost 10 less stamina, -10% decrease in weight of skinned items
- 200: +20% bonus backstab and headshot damage, +10% skinning speed
- 250: +30% bonus critical hit damage on stunned, slowed, or rooted enemies, +10% yield increase when skinning
- 300: Ammo has +15% chance of being returned, guaranteed critical hit after a dodge roll
Intelligence governs your power with magical weapons, including any magical Perks your weapons might have. Both purely magical weapons like the Fire Staff, and physical weapons with a Magical Perk (such as a Flaming Sword), grow in power based on your Intelligence Attribute.
- +2.5% Fire Staff Damage
- +2.5% Ice Gauntlet Damage
- +?% Musket Damage
- +?% Rapier Damage
- 50: +10% damage to light and heavy magic attacks, +10% harvest speed
- 100: +20% critical hit damage, 5% chance to gain 1 azoth when harvesting
- 150: +20% to elemental damage, -10% decrease in weight of harvested items
- 200: +10 mana after a dodge, +10% harvest speed
- 250: +30% duration to damage of time spells, +10% yield increase when harvesting
- 300: +30% damage on first hit on full health target, -10% reduction in Azoth travel cost
Focus governs your Mana recovery rate and your healing output.
- 50: +10% mana regeneration rate, +10% fishing line tension
- 100: +20 to mana pool, +10% yield increase when salvaging
- 150: +20% healing output, -10% decrease in weight of fishing items
- 200: +20% duration on casted buffs, +10% fishing line tension
- 250: +30 mana on any self or group kill, +10% increase to caught fish size
- 300: When mana hits zero gain 200% mana regen for 10s (60s cooldown), 10% cooldown reduction for Inn fast travel
Constitution governs your overall Health pool. The higher your Constitution, the more damage you can sustain before succumbing to your injuries.
Constitution has diminishing returns on the amount of HP granted per level the more points you put into it. It starts at 25 HP granted per attribute point, and decreases gradually until you get 21 HP per attribute. This decreased the total HP granted from Constitution slightly from 12,175 to 11,325, but increased the amount of HP players get from Constitution at a lower level.
- 50: All health consumables +20% stronger, +10% logging speed
- 100: Increase max health by 10% of physical armor, 10% reduction on durability loss for tools
- 150: 20% reduction to crit damage taken, 10% decrease in weight of logging items
- 200: +20% increase to armor, +10% logging speed
- 250: 80% damage reduction when full health, +10% yield increase when logging
- 300: +30% duration of stun, slow, and root spells, 25% chance to chop down a tree in a single swing
The amount of experience or XP is an indication of how much a player has done in New World. XP can be earned by finding lore pages, visiting Points of Interest, completing quests or missions, and defeating mobs. After a certain amount of XP a player will level up.
XP Totals and Respec Info
See this table for specific XP and Attribute info per level, courtesy of NWDB. (table updated with Open Beta data)
|Level||XP||Total XP||Attribute Points||Total Attribute Points||Attribute Respec Cost (Coin)|